Saturday, February 11, 2012

From the Sketchbooks


I pulled out this one splattering from my college days, probably my second or third year. I had started looking at design as a possible venue to explore, so I began to sketch like mad. I also think I was suffering from horror vacui, as a lot of the pages from this sketchbook are filled entirely with lined drawings from top to bottom, although it tapers off later in the book, and in fact all the last three pages are blank. I think that says there was a lot of energy going into the sketches in this book early on, and that energy was either fine tuned towards the end, or that I had so many ideas to start the year off, and as it progressed, I gained more focus and less fear of the white space. Either way, I am please with a lot of the examples from this particular sketch book.

No comments: